International Conference on
"Noncommutative Geometry : Physical and Mathematical Aspects Of Quantum Space-Time and Matter"
A tribute to Professor Satyendra Nath Bose on his 125th birth anniversary
Dates: 27 - 30 November, 2018
Venue: S. N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences, Kolkata, India
Noncommutative Geometry (NCG) has emerged as an exciting area of research both in Mathematics and Physics. Its early application in high energy physics is the Connes' model of Particle Physics, which provides a completely new geometrical perspective into model building. NCG is also perceived to be an essential tool in understanding quantum gravity. This meeting will therefore provide a unique opportunity and exposure to all the participants interested in this area to interact with the international leaders in the field. It is expected to give a boost to more activities in this area, particularly in India.
Topics to be covered are :
- Quantum field theory on non-commutative spacetimes
- Application of NCG in Standard Model of Particle Physics
- Spectral triples to describe models beyond "Almost commutative spaces"
- Study space-time in the vicinity of Planck-scale
- Descriptions of generic noncommutative spaces and their symmetries through Quantum groups / Hopf algebras
- Extension of noncommutative geometrical frameworks to Lorentzian space-time