Email: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Advanced Research Workshop (ARW)
Format of ARW
- It should generally be held at DST-FIST supported university physics departments which may be a TPSC centre.
- It should cater to Ph.D. students, Postdocs and junior faculty members.
- The duration should be for 3 days.
- There will be 8 speakers, of which at most 5 will be from distant centres.
- There should be judicious mixture of experimentalists and theorists in the event.
- There should be at least 20 and atmost 30 participants, with max. 10 outstation participants.
- Selection of the participants should be done by the local organizer.
Budget per ARW
- Travel for speakers : Rs 1,20,000.- (max.)
- Travel for 10 outstation participants: Rs 30,000.- (2-Tier AC)
- Boarding & Lodging for all: Rs 30,000.-
- Contingency etc. Rs 20,000.-
Total Rs 2,00,000.-
- Suggested no. of TRS per year: 2 (two)
ARW - Programmes held in 2008-09
- Recent Advances in Condensed Matter Physics, 1-3 January 2009, Goa University, Goa
- Recent Advances in Theoretical Physics & Quantum Computation, 19th March 2009, NGM Collge, Pollachi, Tamil Nadu
With TPSC-ARW - Partial support we conducted two programs
- International Seminar on Current Trends in Quantum Gases, BEC and Solitons Department of Physics, Panjab University, Chandigarh 3-6 March 2014
- International Workshop on Structure and Dynamics of Trapped Quantum Gases Department of Physics, Panjab University, Chandigarh, India 2-4 February 2012