Few of the ongoing research programs are as follows:
- Accretion processes around black holes
- Spectral and Temporal properties of emitted radiations from disks around black holes
- Formation of bio-molecules during star formation
- Ionospheric research
- Dark energy problem from different approaches
- Primordial black holes as dark matter in our universe
- Observational signatures of higher dimensional and modified gravity theories
- Quantum entanglement: theory and applications
- Foundations of quantum mechanics and testable ramifications
- Study of formation of complex molecules in variety of astrophysical sources using numerical simulation techniques
- Study of binding energy, sticking coefficients, desorption kinetics etc. by simulating dense interstellar medium in the laboratory.
- Photometric and spectroscopic studies of cataclysmic variable stars.
- Study of cataclysmic variables through modeling.
- Detection of extra-solar planetary systems.
- Low-mass stars and brown dwarfs in star-forming regions
- High Angular resolution astronomy on M-Giants and Mira variables
- Astronomical Instrumentation