Dynamic Light Scattering (DLS)
Fig: DLS Unit at our Centre
- Accurate, reliable and repeatable particle size analysis in one or two minutes.
- Measurement in the native environment of the material.
- Mean size only requires knowledge of the viscosity of the liquid.
- Simple or no sample preparation, high concentration, turbid samples can be measured.
- Simple set up and fully automated measurement.
- Size measurement of sizes < 1nm
- Size measurement of molecules with MW < 1000Da
- Low volume requirement (as little as 121L)
- Temperature dependent measurement range : 4 deg-90 deg
Applications of Dynamic Light Scattering
Typical applications of Dynamic Light Scattering are the measurement of the size and size distribution of particles emulsions and molecules dispersed or dissolved in a liquid. e.g.: Proteins, polymers, micelles, carbohydrates, nanoparticles, colloidal dispersions, emulsions, ions.