Blog Post (June 2020)
The Centre ranks among top three DST institutes and top 30 Indian institutes as per Nature Index ranking based on quality research publications in the year 2019
The Centre has developed a new-generation non-invasive diagnostic strategy that can help physicians in early and quick diagnosis of Helicobacter pylori infection in the stomach through breath analysis.
Reported in The Times of India dated 11th June 2020
Research achievements in June, 2020:
- The effects of rapid thermal annealing on the structural and optical properties of InGaN/GaN quantum disk-in nanowire heterostructure arrays have been investigated.
- Experimentally demonstrated the Goos-Hanchen (GH) shift of light in total internal reflection condition for a Gaussian mode laser beam of 633 nm .
- Resonant and non-resonant coupling between optical Tamm states and microcavity mode in one-dimensional photonic crystal structures has been investigated.
- Electronic structure of FeSi has been studied under a chiral topological system.
- A novel NiO/ZnO-based p-n junction single-diode for selective sensing of several volatile organic compounds simultaneously by tuning bias voltage has been proposed.
- The role of selective ion channel blockers on action potential generation and associated intrinsic properties have been studied using an extended Hodgkin-Huxley Markov model, representing a basic type of neuron.
- A connection between ultrafast demagnetization and magnetic damping based on Fermi-level position in the Heusler alloy system has been demonstrated.
*Compiled by: Dr. Saumen Adhikari, Librarian-cum-Information Officer